PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Call your union/congressman about security checks
Old 1st Feb 2002, 11:26
Gunner B12

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tripower455

You managed to ignore the original post I made which made the point.....

[quote]Now please don't give us the I can't do that line as if it is important enough to you to go on about it here, then it should be important enough to make your own stand on. I suggested you should try to encourage a team spirit to get round the problem but obviously being a pilot makes you more important than the team. Even if this is only window dressing someone believes it has a beneficial effect and contributes to you keeping your job. You should either put up or shut up. <hr></blockquote>

The point here is you don't know all of the big picture as, speaking just as SLF, I would find it reassuring to know that nobody is above a thorough security check.

You said

[quote]What do you think will happen if a few of us do this? We will be (are) singled out as examples. <hr></blockquote>

If there are only a few of you who would make this stand then the others don't see it as that important. I'm sure you go to your union when you want a pay rise, use them now. Or aren't they interested either

Don't get me wrong I personally wouldn't like to be subjected to this type of security. Although I have been at times as my job has taken me into some interesting places. Thing is the travelling public feel reassured by these measures so either get used to them or rally more support. I wish you the best of luck as in this instance I play devils advocate.