PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Uber Flying Cars: or pie in the sky dreaming?
Old 22nd Jun 2018, 03:15
Washeduprotorgypsy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by gator2
I have struggled to discover what is the enabler of this concept, and why it is suddenly valid.
LIkely a technology that is just as old and evolved alongside prostitition.....paint by numbers?nah...wish fulfillment, yup!

I can't help but notice that there is often an uncanny correlation when something or some policy is self proclaimed blatantly as "Sure , True , Fair, Simple or Original, World Famous" usually the exact opposite is closer to the truth.

SureFly, Uber air taxi?

You never know ; the electric light bulb, indoor plumbing(my favourite), reliable turbine engines, the sound barrier ,the moon. Etc.etc would of been considered impossible heresy not so long ago. I d be fist pumping the air in victory too if I had managed to violate grandfathered approaches to vertical lift, a sketchy hover is a hover none the less. Disc loading, yeah somewhere s between the v22 and a harrier jump jet should be about right for a power/endurance hobbled machine. Ground effect, what's a 10% loss when the cowlings are plastic look alike carbon fibre......sorry, starting to harmonize with the choir here.

Should they pull the rabbit out of the hat and drones and robo,digi copters are planned to fill the skies like layered circuit board traces, I like Gray Horizons idea , take the subway. NO not to work. We are obsolete and unemployed now, time to cut loose. Drone struck visors down, unshaven and unhinged , day drinking in the stairwells to the rhythm of arc flash collisions in the sky.

Enough dystopia though, because if the future isn't robo-digi copters it's surely Robbo copters. Despite " only a mother or ab initio could love" being at the forefront of most minds. IT does bear some similarities to other evolutionary masterpieces the crow, magpie, seagull, cockaroach. All wretched in a way but mostly evolutionary brilliant.

A twin Robbo with radical plastic cowlings should be a worthy successor to the current king of accessible vertical lift. As good as it gets or what?