PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Leaving BA for low cost
View Single Post
Old 21st Jun 2018, 10:22
Enzo999

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interesting thread. Just out of interest this argument only exists because of the existence of DEC and “rapid commands” at the LCCs. The reasons for this are two fold, high turn over of staff and rapid growth. Is it reasonable to expect these two things to continue? We have already estabilished that terms and conditions etc are equal to or better than the legacy rivals so why would people leave? Furthermore how much more expansion can these companies accommodate, between Easy and Ryan they must have close to 1000 airframes and post Brexit will this/ can this contine?

I am just wondering if it was possible for some to jump ship to Easy then sudenly find themselves tapped in the RHS for 10 years, then this whole argument becomes extremely different! Plus is basing an issue, to my mind there is no point in taking a command if it means having to live in a different country to you wife and children.

Like many I have been extremely disillusioned by my experience of joining BA and have often pondered about jumping ship, but this fear of the above somehow always puts me off.