PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Leaving BA for low cost
View Single Post
Old 20th Jun 2018, 10:05
tommytailwind

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I also jumped ship from the Queen of the Skies at BA to head to low cost shorthaul. People were shocked - I even shocked myself - but in hindsight I’m a whole load happier. The reality is I should never have gone to BA in the first place but I’m still glad I tried it.

Edited to say I completely agree with Wiggy and planning my life at BA was nigh on impossible and work basically rules your life unless you have leave / duty free week etc planned. For those single chaps / chapesses it’s fine but for those of us with family commitments I find the low cost roster (although still tiring) way better. Having a command also makes work far more enjoyable.

I did think about BAP’s idea of bidding for an LGW command after initial type freeze was up (5 years) but then thought why wait 5 years for something I already had at easyJet? Money is not the be-all and end-all but the financial incentives also stacked up being LHS low cost.

Best of luck in your decision making!

Last edited by tommytailwind; 20th Jun 2018 at 10:27. Reason: additional comments