PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 121.5 the new football hotline?
View Single Post
Old 20th Jun 2018, 08:55
Dont Hang Up

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Council Van
If you bother to read the whole thread carefully you will see what at former controller thinks.

"Having been a controller in 'distress and diversion' where we often had extremely weak signals such as from emergency beacons from an aircraft floating in the Atlantic being reported to us - while some burbled away blocking out the weak signal that they could not hear; I can assure you that everybody does NOT shut up. The frequency is there for emergency use PERIOD. There are other common frequencies where animal impressions may be welcomed by the 'professional pilots' without hazarding emergencies you cannot Bear"

I once read of a PPL being stuck above cloud in Norfolk who was being given help on 121.5 and every time he spoke some moron who was a so called professional pilot kept telling him he was on guard making his task and that of those trying to help him get back safely below cloud much harder.

Making your day a little bit more enjoyable could cost some one their life.

If you are professional pilot then try acting like one.
Someone with the relevant experience speaking the self-evident truth. If that cannot be accepted as the last word on the matter I do not know what would do it.