PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Manchester-2
Thread: Manchester-2
View Single Post
Old 20th Jun 2018, 06:53
GLAEDI

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Navpi
I appreciate MANCHESTER doesn't exactly run like a well oiled machine but i am puzzled that when securty issues re queues manidest st MANCHESTER its MAGs fault.

At Heathrow yesterday it was a shambles and IAG wasted no time in screaming blue murder that it was a Border Force problem. they got there pointacross via a headline in The Telegraph.

What is up with Manchester PR that they are so timid ?
Security is MAG employees, they control the number of security lanes, number of security staff and how many are for priority lanes or Joe Public. At other airports the security can either be done by the Airport Authority or Private Security like G4S. Border Force & the Police have nothing to do with the routine security searches of passengers and their cabin baggage. They’ll only become involved if the Security staff believe a crime has or is being committed.

Border Force & Police are Law Enforcement, Border Force are responsible the passport control queues. 99% of the time this is arrivals but during heightened security (ie after a terrorist event) Embarks will be reinforced and queues will develop after security when they conduct controls. Staffing numbers can drastically reduce for passport checks when Border Force make arrests or detain for Immigration crime, Drug Seizures or Detention of wanted criminals. This will reduce the numbers available for the control and queues will increase but I’m sure most people are willing to wait while they deal with a person with drugs concealed within their bodies or remove a person on a false passport.

Both the Police and BF will conduct checks on Common Travel Area on Intelligence basis, again most people are ok with a longer wait so that Law Enforcement can do their checks.