PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Australia Cadet program
View Single Post
Old 19th Jun 2018, 23:48
Kranz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Birna
I have gotten the rejection email twice now in two days. Feels like its just being rubbed in with another kick in the guts, although I'm sure its not intentional.
Last year they sent out an email inviting everyone to the assessment centres after they had already rejected 90% of them. This year they are telling everyone 'no' twice. We go to all the effort to make a professional, quality, accurate application and resume, and upload videos to the best of our ability and the clowns there cant even perform basic HR administration tasks. It adds to the frustration substantially but at the end of the day it wont change your attitude to wanting to be a pilot or securing a job with an airline if that's what you really want.

All I can do is fly to the best of my ability every time and incrementally get better. Eventually, I will have the practical skills, knowledge and capability to be a commercial pilot. whether that translates into a paid job is, in some respects, out of my control. I just need to focus on the bit that I can control and attempt to make it as attractive to employers as possible. Again, the frustration is that it is never entirely clear what those employers are looking for however the enjoyment of flying is enough for me to keep doing it. Good luck all.