PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Modular V Integrated (Merged) - Look here before starting a new thread!
Old 19th Jun 2018, 13:24
ab_initio_Richard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flight Schools

Hi all....

I am currently looking into begin pilot training next Spring.

I've been looking into various routes (modular vs integrated) and different flight schools. I'm minded to go for theab initio ATPL (not affiliated with any particular airline). I'm leaning towards this as opposed to modular as I'd like to get the training done in one hit. I have a wife and young children to support, so can't be out of work too long, and want to give the training my full attention rather than trying to do it alongside a day job. I can't afford to go on an airline affiliated ab initio ATPL, and from what I've read, you're paying nearly double for not a lot more.

I've found three potential flight schools so far that are around, or close to my limited budget, and I'm wondering if anyone has experience or knowledge of these. In rough order of preference, these are:

1) Aviation Career Centre - Slovenia
2) OneAir - Malaga
3) PTT Aviation

Can anyone recommend any other schools that provide EASA training, and where I could get to a frozen ATPL for approximately £60k? If outside of the UK, then I'll also need to factor in location as the family will hopefully temporarily relocate with me.

Thanks in advance for any insight.