PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Call your union/congressman about security checks
Old 27th Jan 2002, 23:47
Tripower455

Received 39 Likes on 24 Posts
[quote]I thought I was fairly clear in what I suggested you do. Simply refuse to proceed to the aircraft if you have to go through this. <hr></blockquote>

What do you think will happen if a few of us do this? We will be (are) singled out as examples.

[quote]By the way they don't entirely trust you, that's one of the reasons there are two of you up front.<hr></blockquote>

Actually, I am certain that security was never a reason considered for having 2 pilots in the cockpit. It is entirely a workload/redundancy issue.

[quote]The security is to prevent one of you from taking out the other then flying it into a building. <hr></blockquote>

How will removing my shoes at security stop me from burying the 2 foot crash axe in my F.O's head or vice versa?

[quote]If the company sacks you for refusing to be subjected to the degrading security check you will at the very least have the publicity of the unfair dismissal case and you can allow the courts to decide if the security check was pointless and degrading, I think you might lose. <hr></blockquote>

You are correct that I will lose in the above scenario. See the post about US Air Capt Menear, who was arrested for stating fact. I personally know 6 pilots who have been disciplined for "making a scene" at "security". I have also personally witnessed many attractive flight attendants singled out for "random" pat downs.

The reason that these things are happening is because there is NO LOGIC BEING APPLIED TO THE "SECURITY" SITUATION. (that's period, dot, end.........)

The entire situation is surreal.