PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Australia Cadet program
View Single Post
Old 18th Jun 2018, 08:02
CloudMusterer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Kranz
Well,

Got the rejection email today. 2nd year in a row I have been unsuccessful. Last year I didn't even get to video stage. This year I did. Maybe next year I'll get to group assessments. So disappointing but I keep trying & I keep flying. I just hope that one day a window will open if not a door.

It hurts so much when you put your heart and soul into something, and deep down you know you have what it takes to be a good pilot. I tried to communicate this through my application, resume and video but they seemed to be looking for something else too. I would be grateful if anyone here could provide some feedback or advice on how I can better myself to become the candidate that airline HR are looking for. Good luck to everyone else.
Sorry to hear that mate. Like many of the others in this thread have said, don't take it as a bad commentary on yourself; no-one knows what they are looking for. If I don't get through this year my plan is to get my ratings and head north for a couple of years to gain some command time. Work and hard and it will happen to you in the end.

Last edited by CloudMusterer; 18th Jun 2018 at 08:15.