PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Brazilian flights to Europe are greeted by police at gate... why?
Old 17th Jun 2018, 21:17
Klimax

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Hotel Tango
It's really nothing unusual. I have come off flights in the UK, Germany, Netherlands and the USA to be met by immigration officials and sometimes sniffer dogs. The last time I was approached by an immigration official in the UK, it was at Birmingham having come off a flight from Dublin!!! They have a job to do. It doesn't bother me. They will have good reason, probably based on intelligence received.
Flights arriving from S.A. are drug traffic routes - due to disgracefully corrupted regime. Extra vigilance on the receiving part, is just to be considered routine - nothing racial about it. Heavily armed is obviously due to the "value" of the "items" and the fact that you're dealing with scruples cartels - the officers at duty should be well prepared for that! Good on them for doing this - I appreciate it. And just think about it before you get offended - not much drug going in the opposite direction. Immigration policies are reciprocal. Sleep safely. Cheers.