PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Future Carrier (Including Costs)
View Single Post
Old 17th Jun 2018, 20:23
Pontius Navigator
I don't own this space under my name. I should have leased it while I still could

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Is it really necessary to republish someone's whole post simply to make a general comment that has no direct connection with anything in thread? Jimlad is not alone in this but it destroys the flow and cut and thrust in the thread.
Jimlad1's AvatarJimlad1 , 17th Jun 2018 17:49
Quote:
Originally Posted by ORAC
Having tracked down the article it does not seem to be a rebuttal at all about the truth of the story - merely claiming at one point that it is “not supported by evidence”, as if any such story ever is. The rest seem to be a set of quibbles over whether only the 4 x F-35Bs which have arrived in the UK can count as being “delivered”, the number of US carriers actually currently with air wings embarked etc etc - none of which really impact on the story.

The rest being a general bitch and moan about the way the press report such things rather than printing “good news” stories about the forces - as if there was much good news to print.

And of course a good sulk about why, If originally proposed, the decision was made to cancel, with 3 paragraphs about why Trump would not find such a visit frustrating and a very positive message about the ship could have been delivered.

So so rather thanseeing of a rebuttal of the story as printed, I see it more as a defensive rebuttal of the reason given for cancellation.

Thanks eeyore, you really are a cheery person aren't you!

Thank god not everyone shares your inflated sense of negativity.