PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EMA Name Change
Thread: EMA Name Change
View Single Post
Old 5th Oct 2003, 03:35
plantzzman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I tend to agree with Chiglet as regards a name if it isnt East Midlands-well maybe knock the castle bit off to give you Donnigton International (unless there already is one) -many millions know the race track.
I still think a name change is abit short sighted.
Who books a flight to an airport and then builds a holiday around it (unless its costing £9.99 and 5 sweet wrappers). Generaly people think oh I would love to go to (insert area of world here) and then organise the airport or book a package.
As an example I went to Venezuela a few years ago.While there I flew to Canaima Airport but as I got off the aircraft I didnt then say right now iam here is there anything to see -OH LOOK there's the highest waterfall in the world-well what a coincidence. I wanted to see the waterfall and it was like-well where is the nearest airport?
Likewise with business passengers if they are coming into the UK to meet a company the likelyhood is they will ask the company in advance details about travel and hotels etc and not give a hoot about what the airports called as long as its close to where they are going.
Almost prof- as for Derby ring road would that be the inner or the outer?Dont ask me cus I dont know myself.
You know in all truth I would have expected masses of tourists by now wanting to see Derby Bus station as there is such a hoo haa about knocking it down because its such a fine example.Sadly once people remove their rose tinted specks they realise its just a manky cold place that smells of wee
Hangar35 good point-never been close to the accident site other than on the M1 if its as you say its very sad and should be put right.