PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK plan to launch rival to EU sat-nav system.
Old 17th Jun 2018, 14:30
Daysleeper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Skipname
People are complaining about the public services because they feel (or at least I do) that they are paying too much for the services they receive. Before Obama had his way with the health insurance I lived in USA for a while and I was paying 99$ a month for health insurance. While I was there I had the misfortune to require medical assistance, I received a 5 star service and I was very impressed with the whole thing. Now move forward few years and I am paying for the national insurance in UK a lot more than that for a service that is average at best. Where is the value for money?
You're just plain wrong on this....the UK NHS offers much better value for money than the US system patient outcomes are broadly the same between the systems and the UK spends far less (about 10% of GDP on healthcare, the USA about 17%) Put that in cash terms what the NHS is really good at is providing cost-efficient care. It spends $3,405 per person per annum, less than half America's outlay of $8,508.
For reference in 2005, before the Obama reforms 45 Million Americans under 65 lacked basic health insurance.

Anyhow we are way off topic. Maybe we need a sat-nav to get back...