PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 17th Jun 2018, 10:39
Aussie Fo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Honestly sometimes things don’t work out for a reason.

Qantas isn’t everything. Different airlines look for different things. Sykes you appear pretty “ head strong”. Perhaps Qantas identified you’d be a great Captain but not suited to a 15 year stint as a So/Fo.

Chase those airlines that provide a short time to Command.

As a Qantas employee, trust me the system isn’t perfect. We all know of the ones who got in who make a name for themselves. But on Balance 95% of the guys and Girls are great people to work with.

i don’t doubt that a amazing number of people fall by the way side. There are a limited number of positions. Qantas/ media talk up a lax, of pilots but the reality is I think 250 at most in 18 months after 8 yers of nothing. And yes there is a shortage much worse in the Dash 8 ranks. But they aren’t going to pilfer themselves!

Keg I would ask, Does anyone oversee the process after pilots loose involvement? At what point does HR get a final decision?

i think everyone would love a group seniority list

take care everyone. Tomorrow’s a better day and there are a lot of airlines who want their own personalities.

the grass isn’t always greener somewhere else, but it does grow in lots of places