PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Crew humiliation Mexican style
View Single Post
Old 17th Jun 2018, 09:57
RAT 5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
But that does not give the UK the right to be anal about it! And hold the rest of the world hostage to the " Liquid Ban" everyone was ready to drop ca 5 years ago.
Does it?

Is it still the case, as was 6 ears ago when I quit the horrors of passing UK crew security, that I was not allowed to take a bottle of water through, even the x-ray, while the duty free shop was putting numerous cartons of 24 bottles through the same machine. When asked why this inconsistency was in force; rules my friend. So which anal muppet made the rules? The whole liquid thing was a GW Bush & Blair concoction. In Germany & Belgium it was not imposed at crew control. Common sense. Problem was, in UK, was that security staff were given no discretion and no doubt subject to random undercover spot checks. 'More than my jobs worth', etc. IMHO it was all about politicians being seen to be doing something even if it was totally inappropriate. The public had no response opportunity. What irked me was that the same level of 'security risk management' was not applied to all public travel situations, e.g. channel tunnel, tube trains, etc. It was a reactive response to only one scenario; thank God, but it does need reviewing.