PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 17th Jun 2018, 03:52
Sykes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
KEG, what we have is a difference of opinion based on our differing viewpoints and differing “data sets” that we each have.

Where it gets silly is that all I did originally was to put up my opinion, instead of starting with “Sorry, that’s complete and utter crap...” Who would have guessed that I’d come back here and defend myself?

“Ill informed... inaccurate information” How so?

Was my then CP lying when he stated that only 51% of Dash pilots were successful? Was my own experience when speaking with pilots regarding the success rate of pilots into Cathay and Emirates ill informed? Did the 1/3 of the 2008/9 Cadets who failed their re-assessment into mainline not happen? Are there not pilots at Qantaslink who successfully passed their mainline interviews two years ago still waiting for their December start date?

I’m reasonably certain that you’re flying with ex-link drivers who can confirm all that I’ve said.

Nothing in your claim that the turboprop guys are over-represented (and I notice you still include other internals) invalidates anything I’ve stated.You may care to note that nowhere have I said that YOUR information is “ill informed or inaccurate” apart from wanting you to separate Qlink from the other internals. You may also care to note that I’m not disputing what you’ve said.

It just doesn’t change my opinion.

The reason it doesn’t change my opinion is that if Qantaslink management had their way there would be ZERO turboprop guys getting mainline gigs. The only reason that the pathway has opened is to try to prevent the outpouring of pilots to other carriers. The amount of guys getting in is kept low enough to encourage people to stay, but minimising as much as possible the impact on the turboprop operation.

As for calling you a Skygod, if you write stuff like
So let’s not pretend that being a QLink Driver makes you a successful mainline pilot either.
you can expect some incoming. If you can’t take crap, don’t dish it out. (Love the “skygodwin law” btw).

Once again, many of those TP drivers who fell under the category of “lets not pretend...” are now Captains at Virgin and Dragonair, and in two years some will be widebody captains for Emirates.

So if you’ve got any real arguments, instead of telling me that I’m wrong and abuse such as “NFI, or chips on shoulders”, please come back with them.

Otherwise, you’re just being boring.

Last edited by Sykes; 17th Jun 2018 at 03:54. Reason: Formatting