PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 17th Jun 2018, 02:27
Slippery_Pete

Received 361 Likes on 69 Posts
Sorry, that's complete and utter crap. QLink pilots (and other internal candidates) are being recruited into mainline in numbers that far exceed their ratio of total applicants. IE if internals make up 20% of total applicants they're making up 40-50% of S/Os starting at Qantas.
The problem with statistics, Keg, is that 99% of the population can be conned into believing anything because they don’t have the brain space to see past bull**** numbers.

The statistics above which were fed to you might be true, but that it proves there is no embargo - that’s the utter crap you talk of.

QF minimums are terribly low compared to what you generally need to make you competitive. What that means, is that every joe blow guy instructing at the local aero club with 1000 C172 hours can apply.

But nearly all of these get cut because they aren’t competitive - so your 20% statistic might technically be correct, but it doesn’t mean that QLink applicants are over represented. You need to compare QLink applicants to applicants with similar experience.

Two other things I wish to take you to task on:
1. I have many mates who have been through the QLink process over the years. None of them were told “minimum 2 year wait for another group airline.”
2. Hold file places mean jack ****. It’s all well and good until you sit on it for three years and then they stop hiring.

If you want to spruke statistics, give us these numbers:
percentage of Rex guys who have ACTUALLY STARTED/rex guys who applied, compared to:
percentage of QLink guys who have ACTUALLY STARTED/QLink guys who applied.

That’s called comparing apples with apples.

And while were on it, I know of several Cobham guys who have been “on hold” with Jetstar for 12+ months. Meanwhile, pilots applying from non QF group regionals are getting start dates inside 2 months of applying and jumping guys with significant jet command.

I have always respected your PPrune contributions Keg - since day 1. But please think a bit more carefully about the statistics you spew out for them. Either that, or I need to increase my kool-aid intake.