PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Speaker off while headsets on.
View Single Post
Old 16th Jun 2018, 16:43
pineteam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Penko, in the 4 years I'm flying on Airbus. Never had encountered one guy who would not ask me to set my loudspeaker to minimum when I forgot it open. So I guess the majority of us is sensitive to that interference and we all use the same ANR headset. If you can fly comfortably with headset and speaker on, good for you bro. But the fact is, it's not designed to be used together for all the reasons mentioned above. Unless you can prove me wrong. As far as I know all the bus drivers in my company do exactly same as I do. And in more than 20 years, no problem in this matter.

Edit: On my first post I was talking about some skippers asking me to keep both at the same time. It was actually one clown who resigned since and it was back in the days we were using crappy non ANR headset. The guys was nervous as hell and doing radio check all the time. xD

Originally Posted by PENKO
I have never ever encountered this interference you write about, and I have used just about every ANR headset currently on the market.

Maybe because your FOs are always keeping their onside loudspeaker to a low level as a kind gesture to you; Thus the impression of no interference. When I keep my onside loudspeaker active, I don't notice any interference but I guaranty you that my Fo will notice it immediately and ask me nicely to turn it down.

Last edited by pineteam; 17th Jun 2018 at 05:36. Reason: one quote.