PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lipican Aer
Thread: Lipican Aer
View Single Post
Old 15th Jun 2018, 22:02
Angeltransportpjcts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Devil Channel 4 Documentary about Firnas Airlines.

'How To Start An Airline' about Firnas Airlines has been aired in the UK on Channel 4 ... Left me wondering if this should have actually been called 'How Not To Start An Airline' instead!

I urge people who read this and didn't see the documentary to watch it now it is available via All 4 (catch up) and see why I was left thinking this for themselves. It's one of the most stark and deluded 'cart before horse' account of what not to do in aviation. Much of which would actually be thought of as more 'common sense' matters than ones which require input from a (now probably embarrassed) 'well known' aviation industry expert.

For example as the executive team of two are negotiating route start and finish locations they ask for down payments of £200,000 in one case. Erm ... I asked a stone for some blood once and it didn't say anything back to me! Pig flew over at that point and distracted me from trying to ask it again. When I bothered to research my new route to hell I was informed that it had frozen over and was closed to all traffic! I mean ... KEEP IT REAL? No chance!

This outfit is the circus which reincarnated a 1987-build Jetstream 31 as '2-LCXO' and flew a bunch of crowd funders on some godforsaken trip up the garden path out of Bomo. 'Hurn' as they refer to it as - BOH? But these crowd funders have parted with around £384,000 according to the end of the documentary. Morons ... They will never see that again I'm pretty sure!

Finally was I seeing things or has 'London Manston Airport' as now closed to traffic been replaced with 'London Ashford Airport' ... Or Lydd as I still call it today! London? ASHFORD??! It's nearly sixty miles away!!! I mean come on. Is this the preserve of somebody's overdose of 'X Men III: The Last Stand' and Patrick Stewart's character plonking the Golden Gate Bridge a mile to the west so Vinny Jones's character who hates swimming can get to Alcatraz??! Sounds like codswallop? I agree!!!