PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Luton-9
Thread: Luton-9
View Single Post
Old 15th Jun 2018, 19:35
LTNman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The morning queues are as long as ever and for the last two mornings at 5:45 the queue as normal went back to the railway line despite the new drop off area. Note the damage to the bridge hasn't been repaired. The photo shows the evening queue.

Despite the queues most of the lanes remain empty as everyone aims to use lane A unless directed to use another lane. This does not always happen as staff are not always monitoring the first lane.

The main issue with the popular first lane is that despite hatched markings and signs saying no stopping cars still park up. As the turning circle is so tight the following cars then have to do a 3 or 5 point turn depending on how close the following car is behind. I was only standing there for 5 minutes when I witnessed my first accident due to a car having to do a 3 point turn and backing into the car behind. As can be seen both these cars had to reverse to make the turn as no car can do a turn without entering the yellow hatched area.

Then its a long walk to the terminal except these passengers have come from the terminal

Last edited by LTNman; 15th Jun 2018 at 19:54.