PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Walkthrough Shoping Centres (Formerly known as Departure lounges)
Old 15th Jun 2018, 11:07
hoss183

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PAXboy
Luton has just extended and 'improved' it's departures. I can't wait until I have to go through in August. My usual ploy to avoid it all AND find a seat is to use my lounge pass. I find I have become adept at 'not seeing' the shops as I search out the lounge or the gate.

Conversely, in Arrivals at LHR (my most regular port) the reduction in seating drives people to sit in the chairs - in the coffee shops ....
Bristol is a bit of pain too.
Just went through Luton last week, pain in the arse. It winds round in an S, with no room for the flow of people between the store front and the coffee shops, zero seats.
Luton is to be avoided generally, worst airport in the UK, my other experiences last week:
- Getting to hire cars is a joke, but down the back streets of a trading estate
- On returning hire car, signposting is crap, so you drive into the drop-off area, and have to pay 3 quid to get out, only having made a wrong turn.
- The shuttle bus to the train station is also a joke, infrequent, packed, and it doesnt have a bus lane cmoing back in, so gets stuck in the rush traffic.
Never going to use Luton again.