PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Southend-2
Thread: Southend-2
View Single Post
Old 15th Jun 2018, 10:57
tophat27dt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by virginblue
Flew from SEN for the first time since the terminal expansion. A FR base certainly requires a good amount of additional terminal space. Although I departed at a relatively quiet period of the day, I assume the place is already pretty crowded in the morning nowadays when the overnighting aircraft depart. So for three 200 seat aircraft and potential to grow serious expansion is certainly on the cards - what is the talk at the moment? Something like 50 percent additional space in departures or even more?

I wish SEN the best of luck. For departing from London, I avoid the larger London airports like the plague and usually travel via LCY. SEN is a similarily enjoyable experience and I hope it will be able to keep much of its small airport feel and advantages.
Yes indeed. Hopefully the schedules, when released, will show the early departures to be staggered between the quieter hours from 0730-0900. Are there any plans to build a multi-storey car park on the airport? I doubt if the existing will be large enough.