PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Manchester-2
Thread: Manchester-2
View Single Post
Old 15th Jun 2018, 09:09
GEB74

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just on the Egates.......
My newish Passport fails 100% at Manchester gates.
I have one of the most uncommon surnames in the UK. That and the fact my previous passport worked fine leads me to believe I'm not being pulled due to surname (also, when my other 4 family members sail straight through the machines, it's a strong hint). Without being funny, I'm unlikely to be terrorist profiled either!
My passport works multiple times per year at both DXB and AUH airport Egates amongst others.
The Egates at AUH are even the same machines at Manchester from what I can make out.
Every time I roll up at Manchester, tell the queueline jobsworth it won't work and he/she are wasting both my time and every one else behind me sending me to an EGate.
Every time, I end up at the manual desk.
Every time I ask the Immigration Officer, is the chip working - yes it's fine.
Either UK Passport Office are issuing shoddy passports (which they don't like replacing free of charge), or the machines at MAN are shoddily setup / maintained.
As the Passport works elsewhere, I believe it's the latter.
I now make my feelings loudly known every time mine and other peoples time is needlessly wasted...........
The rigid "Everyone must attempt to use the Egate" 'rule' is what frustrates me.

Last edited by GEB74; 15th Jun 2018 at 13:00.