PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australian pilots can work for US regionals.
Old 14th Jun 2018, 18:45
umop apisdn

Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Professional Amateur
They are my option by choice thankfully.

So why avoid gojet? I am at the pointy end of making a D so any info would be helpful.

What the chances of getting your pick of bases with Skywest say if I wanted Denver or Portland?

Thanks for your responses Havick
You'll be able to hold Denver in a relatively short amount of time on the CRJ, a fair bit longer, i"d say on the ERJ, and PDX is only an ERJ base which is really senior. You'd be waiting a while to get into there.

CRJ bases out of training usually rotate between Atlanta, Detroit, Chicago and Minneapolis.

ERJ bases I'm less sure about but I'd say Chicago or La Guardia

Yeah.... Read all that..... Going to give go jet a miss.

Is it true you need to front up to a FAA field office to get your licence converted?!

Mesa won't give you a job offer untill you have an FAA licence so it means a trip to the USA PRIOR to knowing if you can work for them. Is there a work around at all?

Perhaps Skywest offers conditional employment.
So you'll get hired by Skywest in Aus, get everything ready and join a class. You do not need to have a valid licence to participate in sim training, you don't need to go to an FSDO. Just make sure you have your verification letter, then when you do you last sim in training, which is essentially a flight test, your licence will get converted at that point to a full FAA ATP.