PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Call your union/congressman about security checks
Old 27th Jan 2002, 02:02
Captain Speeking

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tan

Sorry for the late reply but I've been down route.

-----------------------------------------------. ."Are you sure that you work part time in security? ". .------------------------------------------------

I don't work part time in Security - I work full time in Security for a major UK airline. Having a line pilot involved allows a pilot input to the processes and ensures practical feed-back. It is easier to affect things from inside than sitting outside moaning.

-------------------------------------------. ."Maybe it's time that you spend a little more time on the line to find out what's really happening...!

I do! Just back from a three day trip and when I am down route I inspect the security arrangements so that I KNOW what is really happening.

I suggest you get real - or remove the "semi" from your profile! Because one thing is for sure; if your FAA mandates half of what it has proposed for your 121 airlines (and even us 129 operators!)this new regime is going to be around for a long time to come.

CS