PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New Fuel Rules! Land in a "field" what a joke!
Old 14th Jun 2018, 13:07
Lead Balloon

Received 426 Likes on 213 Posts
Originally Posted by Wizofoz

No, your perspective is not relevant when it comes to regulations. You don't get to be of the opinion that a 10% overload is alright, that 200 below minima is OK because of your experience, or that something defined by regulation as an emergency isn't because you don't think it is. Emergency is a regulatory defined term, and so, if you meet those criteria, you ARE objectively in an emergency. ...
No you’re not.

This is a fundamentally important point. The fact that a set of circumstances is defined by law to be an “emergency” does not make those circumstances an objective emergency.

The pollies can pass a law that says the supermarkets running out of shoe polish is an emergency. Doesn’t make it an emergency as a matter of objective fact.

As I said at the start of the thread, I’ll broadcast a MAYDAY when I’m in grave and imminent danger and reckon the broadcast might make a difference. If the rules require the broadcast in other circumstances, the areseclowns that made those rules can go their hardest when I don’t.