PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Full time ATPL ground school
View Single Post
Old 4th Oct 2003, 21:59
HandspringGuy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cabair

Alex,

I am currently studying at Cabair, Cranfield. I am doing the integrated course and have just finished the ground school.

When I was in your position I looked at a lot of different schools and narrowed the search down to OAT and Cabair. I chose Cabair on the Ground-school and I have to say I think I made the right choice. The instructors are fantastic. I can't praise them enough. They are all highly-experienced and it makes a big difference when you are told something by someone who has 'been there, done that, got the Tshirt'.
PofF, Performance, etc are taught by ex-pilots; Nav, etc by ex-navigators and technical subjects are covered by ex-Flight engineers. The thing I found reasuring was that you could literally ask any question on any topic and be guaranteed an indepth answer.
Most of the instructors are passionate about getting the students through the course and are more than happy to help outside school hours.

Where students I have spoken to from other schools seem to have relied somewhat on feedback questions, I have a good grounding in all of the subjects and it was this that got me through the exams.

If you want my advice come here.