PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA F/O faces Jail for reporting to work drunk
Old 13th Jun 2018, 13:20
Heathrow Harry

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BusyB
HH,

If you think tiredness is the same as fatigue you are obviously not qualified to make any comment.
It's a matter of language TBH - my point was that there is no simple test for fatigue/tiredness compared to that for drinking. I've found the effects of fatigue vary not only between individuals but also can vary rapidly in any one person. Both the person involved and those around them have to be on constant watch to detect the first signs. In the last 12 months I've sent three guys home because IMHO (and it was my opinion that counted) they were showing signs of fatigue/tiredness - 2 were due short term/intense work conditions (less than 72 hours but full-on concentration in very tough physical conditions) but the other was a guy who was running out of steam after 4 months of work - mainly office based but unremitting grind and attention to detail. All of them were on full pay while they were off and no disciplinary action ever mentioned, noted or contemplated. Sometimes you have to save people from themselves............