PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK & FZ latest offers
View Single Post
Old 12th Jun 2018, 20:45
High Energy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Triple Nickel 8 Ball
Awesome response High energy, thanks.

I will be entering as an F/O....as I don't have any Boeing time etc. As for manuals.....I don't mind learning that kind of stuff (better than trying to retain useless info that you never use day to day ...!!). Maybe at some point, you'd allow me to pick your brains re the school you use and whereabouts its worth living in DXB??

The general feeling I get, is that there are a lot more aircraft coming and, after coming back from a holiday myself, just today in fact (having taken kids out of school....so little difference there!!), I heard Sir Tim from EK (as I flew with EK via DXB to MRU), talking about the amalgamation of EK/FZ and the new routes opening up as a result. Seems that the plan will certainly be to make the MAX's work to the max! If the fleet grows to where it is planned.....it will be huge and plenty of opportunity to climb the ladder for the longer timers. I also get the feeling that, with all the above said, plenty are leaving (Euro/US recruitment drives....) and a lot head for Xiamen for commuting roster (which I would certainly be looking to do, long term, if DXB wasn't for me/us).

I think that, whilst it's tough, the training is good and the actual flying is good too, with new aircraft. I haven't seen another airline, of this stature, offering chances on a 737, for people like me.....with only Corporate Aviation as a background and I like that. Sure, they me be getting more "desperate" for pilots now, to be considering my kind.....but I think other 'lines will have to follow suit, as the positions are not getting filled and everyone is asking for higher levels of experience....which they can't find.....look at how EK have started to change now (and from what I can tell....they have an almost MASS exodus problem now).

I intend to try my best in August (when they have an assessment in LGW) and see what happens. If any of you DO know more about the sim check side, then I would like to know more, as I will rent a sim in the UK and practice so that when I get in the sim, having "never flown the 737"....I won't look a complete dunce!

Cheers all
As an FO expect about on average 2.5 years in the right seat. I think this page has mentioned the CRM upgrade markers plenty of times. That's the big one for FO's here. It's too much of a lottery at times and getting just one 'acceptable' marker' will put you back by a year. The positive is that FO's have pretty good rosters, even the junior ones. And as an FO you'll always get your leave, even during the school leave periods. That will change when you upgrade though. 😉