PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK & FZ latest offers
View Single Post
Old 12th Jun 2018, 17:01
Triple Nickel 8 Ball

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi all...

Been a while since I posted.

I was due to go for assessment in December last year for FZ and then, out of the blue (no pun etc....), I was offered another Corporate job, thats local, isn't mental busy and with a really decent boss......HOWEVER....I still have that Boeing itch that I want to scratch and long term, I would like the security that flying a narrow body for a company like FZ offers as well as the opportunity for a commuting roster out of Xiamen or similar...?? My other concern is that this gig isn't going to last for a long time....security in my job, is high on my priority list and, knowing where I am and when, if possible. 24/7 call out is boring me now, after 12 years or so...

I have a young family and the chance/adventure of living out in DXB kind of appeals....especially with the possibility of private education etc. I wouldn't expect it to be forever....but would do it with a plan in mind. So, I guess I want to know more.....but am after a balanced response, because I know this can be difficult, even if a pilot has had one crap day out of say 10?! I need to visit DXB with my family, of course, but I have ben there plenty in the Corp stuff and have a few friends there at EK and training on Corp Jets at CAE too (no...not the 737 for EZ!).

I have 5 jet type ratings (4 of which are multi crew). Am I going to struggle with the technical aspects of getting to grips with the 737, to FZ standards (I've around 4000 hours....2.5 of which are in multi jets...mostly PIC), or is it straight forward enough? I've read mixed thoughts on this.
I'm expecting raw data flying for the assessment (any threads anywhere with a good handle on what to look up /practise in advance)??
Whilst expecting to do a number of deep nights, is it true that I am likely never to see the sun?? I'm thinking, I would prefer to get home a lot and at least drop the kids to school after sharing breakfast, or pick them up and share a quick dinner before I head off again....is this realistic? Or, is it better than I am anticipating?

Thanks all...... don't shoot me down.... PRETTY PLEASE!!

Sorry if I have gone round in circles....but I would like some honest opinions.