PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA F/O faces Jail for reporting to work drunk
Old 12th Jun 2018, 14:55
wiggy

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by GKOC41
So the Pilot flew into LHR from Cape Town at 0630 (based on assumption the times have not changed to those today) and was due to depart from LGW at 2020 (assume 1 hour report 1920) so to be safe leave LHR at 1720?
If I was BA i'd be wondering should we allow this practice and be going through tickets and rosters for commuters.
#can of worms
Then you will no doubt be pleased to know that BA have already done exactly that over the last couple of months without seemingly finding a #canofworms to be opened, though they have promised they will be carrying out further audits of pre-duty travel in the future. Whether the particular case being discussed here was the catalyst for the very recent audit I do not know.

If you are genuinely concerned about the travelling, rest and fatigue culture at BA then I’ll point out that this summer BA are scheduling ( iaw the EASA rule set) a two pilot night flight out to the Gulf/16 hour daytime layover/two pilot night flight back to LHR. I’d suggest the fact BA are quite willing to produce rosters like that means they are perhaps not in a strong position to take the moral high ground about someone travelling to work as a passenger, sleeping quite possibly in a “comfy” seat, then having daytime rest in a hotel bed and then reporting for a duty as part of an augmented crew.

Last edited by wiggy; 12th Jun 2018 at 17:31.