PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA engine fault on Takeoff at PHX
View Single Post
Old 12th Jun 2018, 14:07
Hotel Tango

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
KelvinD, I'm not sure what you mean when you mention your 5 years experience with ATC. My opinion of your post was based on my 46 years experience working in ATC. The fact of the matter is that you simply have no idea of what was involved at the time with regard to internal communications. You base your conclusion simply on a very compressed/edited recording missing many key and pertinent transmissions not to mention unrecorded (to the public) co-ordination between controllers and between controllers and various agencies. To suggest that the TWR was not in the loop is erroneous. And when you're sitting in your armchair criticizing ATC please also bear in mind that there would have been numerous people communicating to numerous units whilst still also handling all the other traffic in and around the airport. PHX is an extremely busy airport. As I previously stated, as far as I'm concerned, a good job was done by all with a positive outcome. If posters wish to analyse every aspect in detail then they should only do so if they have all relevant evidence at hand. This they have not. Hence my elevated blood pressure as you put it!