PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas admits Arab 'terror' blunder
View Single Post
Old 4th Oct 2003, 17:22
Gnadenburg

Received 92 Likes on 41 Posts
I agree that, once again, highly strung emotion has come to play in the decision making process of some F/A's. Would be foolish to underestimate the possibility of emotion and intuition in reports to the Flight Deck coming from the Cabin. Have seen it myself on occassion and a good lesson.

Crew Resource Management may have given CabinCrew a bit too much power in walking off flights-have seen it myself-despite reassurances from from operating pilots.

CRM a powerful tool but maybe the Cabin Crew need some cold and hard lessons in decision making, and the responsibility and accountability that comes with it, before flippantly taking their emotional feelings as professionalism, under the guise and protection of CRM.

And in a very Australian way some of the above have dismissed the threat we are possibly engaged with. Don't think for one minute that money from a oil rich and spiritual homeland,doesn't finds it's way to the places of worship on the sub-continent and then onto similar right on our doorstep. And to hundreds of millions of these devout people Australia is at war with them. Or so is the poisoned words coming from some of their places of worship. And slowly they are learning to fight the West.