PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Piper Cheyenne Series Questions
View Single Post
Old 11th Jun 2018, 17:05
Miromesnil

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Piper Cheyenne II

Hi Johannes,

I own and operate a Piper Cheyenne II and have about 2000 hours in it as PIC. The Piper Cheyenne II has lots of power in fact the aircraft is certified for takeoff single engine with passengers! Of course that is not recommended but it shows the capability of the plane. The SAS creates a gradually increasing elevator down force via a spring after the critical angle of attack is exceeded. During normal flight operation the SAS system has no influence. I have not had any parts issues. Gyro maintenance is a big expense and reduces the availability I would therefore recommend upgrading to a G600 with electronic AHRS and remove as many mechanical gyros as possible. You and your boss are welcome to take a test ride in my Cheyenne. The Cheyenne's and King Air's are very similar and it is the old Chevy - Ford discussion. It is simple a personal preference. I owned a piper Navajo CR, Panther Chieftain and then a Cheyenne and the upgrade was logical. Most important is the engine time or time SMOH. Engine overhaul is expensive on the PT-6. I do not recommend purchasing an aircraft with engines on the MORE program or engines with more than 3000 hours SMOH. Its a great aircraft, good luck!