PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Speaker off while headsets on.
View Single Post
Old 11th Jun 2018, 12:17
pineteam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PENKO
I don't wear shoes that often. Sometimes it's flip flops, sometimes I'm bare feet, sometimes I wear shoes without socks.

For years and years I have flown with the volume up. Suddenly there is an FO in the base who insists on turning down the volume, so suddenly I break my routine and turn the volume down. In this scenario, only a super pilot will never ever forget to turn the volume up again in the cruise. I know no super pilots.
I’m no super pilot but I don’t know any case that forgetting the loudspeaker had resulted in a loss of communication.
Surely in the past I got distracted and simply did the mistake to first remove my headset and did not turn up the loudspeaker volume up immediately. But within few seconds you would realise your forget to level up the volume as unless it’s not your day and your FO also forgot his loudspeaker, you should realise the sound is coming only on one side but mainly due to the fact than flying into chinese airspace it’s pratically impossible not to have more than 10/20 seconds of radio silence.

Edit: I’m using Telex 850 ANR headset. I guess using ANR headset make the interference worst compare to a conventional headset. Just a guess tho.

Last edited by pineteam; 11th Jun 2018 at 13:48. Reason: typo