PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Heathrow-2
Thread: Heathrow-2
View Single Post
Old 10th Jun 2018, 20:03
LAX_LHR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It is about adding choices. Nobody is suggesting those that are happy travelling to Manchester should not continue to do so.
so if that is your true argument, why are you going out of your way to disprove the MAN catchment? Saying such as ‘the MAN catchment has been too large’ etc. But, You are still not answering the question, which why are you stating that MAN should not continue to attract pax from the north to bolster its pax but LHR should?

The fact is for many it is not convenient and a shuttle flight to another airport from their local regional is preferred. This is borne out by the fact that many people currently do just that via AMS & LHR using an existing service. The LHR shuttle will provide check in at the regional with a baggage transfer at LHR so will be much easier than lugging the cases on 2 or 3 trains. Contrary to what the MAN supporters would have you believe, it is very inconvenient for a lot of people in the North,
So this is flaw number 2. You are stating that people prefer to travel from their local airport to Heathrow (and AMS). Let’s use a case study in your proffered point, LBA, shall we? Do pray tell why the LBA-LHR shuttle has been offered as viable option by BA, but is now reducing, quite drastically, in both pax and frequency, yet MAN pax numbers overall continue to rise, now reaching 28m pax. This is a case point that people are being offered the alternative you are so desperate to point out, but are choosing not to use it. Seems MAN isn’t quite as inconvenient as you would have people believe, is it? It’s quite a big flaw when one of your case arguments is working against you, isn’t it?

Is I’ve said, these are just the first in the flaws in your argument, and ones you cannot rebuff despite being asked twice now to elaborate. I don’t have to outline my own argument, I support both MAN and LHR expansion, it’s you making the ludicrous claims but then throw your toys when someone hits back.

What’s even more funny is that you force your opinions as fact and belittle others, but then call me arrogant, clearly not read back your own responses, have you?