PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK & FZ latest offers
View Single Post
Old 10th Jun 2018, 19:59
High Energy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Newcomer2

Thanks for the good laugh, I almost spilled my coffee on the keyboard!
Or you are in the top 5% of the seniority list, in that case please don't make a general statement from your particular situation

Remember I said it was my personal view...?

And I do hope it was cheap coffee I made you spill? But this job is so dead easy and stress free that in my opinion it's almost my main reason to stay, besides job security. There are areas to improve like in any company, I'm not blind. But I also know how they do things here so I know what not to expect. I've worked for regional, national and now a low cost airline. Seniority wise I'm between 30-50%. I've had good months and I've certainly had some **** months. Nights come with the job and area. I can't think of a ('loco') 737 job outside of China that pays so well, gives me this awesome lifestyle and I can do whatever I want with a family and still save loads.

I've been through the CAE initial training, command upgrade and I've been in the doghouse. All in my 5-7 years here and I'm still smiling. Been there, done that.

Like 'theaviator2005' said, the level of negativity today is just out of proportion. Even new SO's are now bitching and moaning they want to leave asap. I guess many people loose perspective of things too quickly now. They haven't had to fly ****ty aircraft whilst dreaming to fly that big Embraer/737/320 to get out of the hole they were in. Struggling financially or having been made redundant with a family with newborns. Moving across continents to make ends meet and start all over again for the 3rd or 4th time and having to worry about what will happen to you or your airline a few years down the line.

I'm sorry but I'm laughing my ass off every time I check in. It really is no stress here.

Did I mention I'm on max hours with 20 days off in 31? All NON requested! I had to do a few simple swaps without paying anyone but that's about 5 trips in 31 days on MAX hours...