PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Heathrow-2
Thread: Heathrow-2
View Single Post
Old 10th Jun 2018, 19:51
Prophead

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
why is to acceptable for LHR to draw in pax from across the North (and U.K. in the bigger picture) to bolster its numbers. but it is not acceptable for MAN to do the same thing? I’m not asking about pax choice (at this time), im asking why you are practicing double standards to try and support your argument.
It is about adding choices. Nobody is suggesting those that are happy travelling to Manchester should not continue to do so. The fact is for many it is not convenient and a shuttle flight to another airport from their local regional is preferred. This is borne out by the fact that many people currently do just that via AMS & LHR using an existing service. The LHR shuttle will provide check in at the regional with a baggage transfer at LHR so will be much easier than lugging the cases on 2 or 3 trains. Contrary to what the MAN supporters would have you believe, it is very inconvenient for a lot of people in the North, That being said LHR expansion will service more than just the north of the UK. People from the South East, Scotland, Ireland and near Europe will have access to flights from the UK's number 1 airport also.

Rutan, as above, those that choose to put themselves through that will still be free to do so. There seems to be much paranoia in the MAN camp that an expanded LHR will mean reduction in pax from outside Manchester. If that is the case then it will only be because that is a better option. If MAN remains a better route then people will still use it. So my question to you is, if you are so sure that passengers would rather lug their suitcases around the north on trains than sit on a flight, baggage already checked and forgotten about, why are you all so against it?

Thats is the irony point. I will happily debate your other flaws if you can answer that basic point.
What an arrogant comment, why not just outline your own arguments against the proposal which was not decided by myself but a whole range of experts. Why not just tell us all why you know better?

MANFOD, give the north/south rubbish a rest will you. We will hopefully one day have HS2, HS3, HS4 Crossrail 1 & 2 plus an expanded LHR and the country will be all the better for it.