PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Heathrow-2
Thread: Heathrow-2
View Single Post
Old 10th Jun 2018, 15:56
MANFOD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good luck with that one LAX. When I argued the same point after he claimed MAN's catchment area was too large while LHR should have no limits, I was told it was a 'ridiculous' comment. And he accuses others of childishness.

I accept the M62 can be a pain at times but then by road to LHR is hardly a doddle. We're told we should think about it after all the road and rail link improvements to LHR are in place. It would be nice to think we could make the same argument for the North but alas that would require some serious infrastructure spend from a Transport Secretary who has cut back on proposed Manchester - Leeds electrification, and won't even approve 2 extra platforms at Piccadilly station to allow more train paths, including to the airport, for a minute proportion of the cost of some of the projects down south.

Incidentally, the current train services despite limitations are carrying an increasing number of passengers to MAN, apparently with a fair number from Leeds, Sheffield, York and the like.

Last edited by MANFOD; 10th Jun 2018 at 19:18. Reason: improve wording