PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 10th Jun 2018, 11:10
SandyPalms

Received 88 Likes on 32 Posts
True FYSTI, But I think the thing that gets up people’s nose is the exaggeratd stories of how rubbish it must be in Shorthaul based on stories told on Longhaul flight decks. Most of the stuff I’ve heard about shorthaul is pretty much crap. I’ve lived both sides, twice so I think I’ve got a pretty good idea of what each one offers. I agree with knobby on pretty much everything. If you don’t want to fly shorthaul, cool, but don’t get on here and tell us how crap it must be. You may have been here and had a bad time. Fair enough. We all want the 5 day Tahiti slips, but life has moved on, and they are not coming back.
Yes we are working hard. And when you’re at the bottom of the rotating seniority it’s less than optimal (but even then it’s better then looking at the Pacific Ocean in the middle of the night) But we get paid for that hard work. And I’m making more as a 737 captain than I was when I was “ the pinnacle of FO jobs” when I was in Longhaul. So can we stop this rubbish about how crap it is, and let people make their assessement based on truth, real life experiences and numbers. If after that, You want no part of it, great.
i would love everybody to get a job in this outfit, so that everyone could have the choice, but many are not getting that chance. Good luck to all.

Last edited by SandyPalms; 10th Jun 2018 at 11:25.