PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 10th Jun 2018, 08:20
Angle of Attack

Received 33 Likes on 10 Posts
[QUOTE][Might want to check your assumptions, especially #1.
#2 you may want to consider doing 3 or 4 four leg days (2, 3 or 4 aircraft changes) at 11:45 TOD and SYD or MEL road traffic to contend with and 11 or 12 hours between sign-off and sign-on. The record is a roster that had 5 x 4 leg days in a row bouncing between SYD and either MEL or BNE. That was from a published roster without additional flying tacked on. Imagine doing that with a dozen or so aircraft changes./QUOTE]

#1 Is definitely true far far more time at home compared to Longhaul unless your a senior baron just doing LAX returns then maybe not. I’ve been on both sides Shorthaul is vastly superior especially if you have kids. On one 6 day A330 trip your time away from base exceeds a shorthaul pilots TAFB in a whole monthly roster if they do day trips pretty much.

#2 Yes you are right but you are cherry picking the absolute worst of the lot, how about 9 days work in 28 doing DRW / PER returns from east coast? I’m cherry picking the best but as you know the truth is in the middle. But I agree with you that the crew/aircraft changes atm are completely ridiculous through the death corner ( Anywhere south east of a line BNE-ADL)