PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA F/O faces Jail for reporting to work drunk
Old 9th Jun 2018, 09:41
cargosales

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by hans brinker
Not saying you aren't right in this case, but I fly mostly at night, get into the hotel at 7am, have an alcoholic drink with my "breakfast" (or as I call it "dinner"). I then go to bed. sleep for 8 hours (if I don't get woken up by housekeeping....). Get up 5pm, go work-out, go for "dinner" around 8pm (or as I like to call it "brunch"), and normally have a pick-up around 10pm. Definitely not everyone's schedule, but also very legal. This guy reported for long-haul so there is way more reverse side of the clock then for the 9-5 crowd.
Quite - few realise that someone's breakfast time might be someone else's supper time.

A few years ago I dated a nurse who worked the typical NHS 12.5 hour shifts, starting at 7am or 7pm ish. If she was on nights then her 'supper' at 9am would often involve a 'meat and two veg' meal, plus a glass of wine. If possible eaten outside in the morning sunshine. After some strange looks from the neighbours they took to putting the wine in coffee cups .....

But, equally, when she came over for the weekend after a straight 7 night shifts in a row (only just legal but it was), she was absolutely wrecked and fit for nothing. Think about it, you pilots who are taking your kids to A&E when they've had an accident .. 12.5 hours x 7 = 87.5 hours worked in one week. That's one week, not one month!! And these are people charged with looking after the lives of others.

It was a very boring weekend by the way...

CS