PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airvan 10
Thread: Airvan 10
View Single Post
Old 9th Jun 2018, 01:28
LeadSled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
JT,
In part, I was lamenting the loss overseas of work that could and should have been done in Australia, but CASA has made it virtually impossible, practically and commercially. You are undoubtedly familiar with the former head of design (whatever his proper title) at Gippsland, who was "disciplined" by CASA because he disputed their ratbag "requirements" to the degree that he could not do his job. As I recall, Gippsland's loss was Boeing's gain.

The same cast of incompetents played a big part in the problems of Eagle and Seabird, and had a big hand in Jabiru problems over the years --- not to mention "unhelpful" interventions into damage repair approvals, modification/proposed STCs etc.

And preventing CASR 21 from working the way it was originally intended and planned ----- which would have given us "consensus" standards up to 750 kg AUW and the Light Sport Aircraft category to 750 kg fifteen years before US/FAA and the ASTM standards --as just another example of the dead hand of CASA.

The GA8 only got its certification at all, after huge pressure "from elsewhere" was brought on John Anderson, at the time, otherwise there would be no GA8.

It beats me how ANYBODY can defend the actions of CASA (and its predecessors), in any way, shape or form, over the years.

Tootle pip!!