PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air traffic control Strikes France and Barcelona
Old 8th Jun 2018, 21:07
Tigger4Me

Location: Following the sun and skiing... No snow involved just Spending the Kids Inheritance!
Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
We are holidaying for just a few days in France and part of our itinerary today was a trip on the Little Yellow Train up into the Pyrenees. That was a no go as the railway workers were on strike. Sitting in a bar and planning or next move, we received a text from a certain Irish airline to say that our return flight from Toulouse is cancelled next Sunday due to the ATC strike! Isn't it strange that I was immediately able to book alternative flights on a choice of two other airlines! My EU261 compensation claim will be with you next week MOL Yes I know EU261 doesn't cover strike action, but the way that I look at it, if others can operate, MOL can only be cancelling to suit his own operations. I stand to be corrected and welcome your comments.

The French workers must be doing untold damage to the country with these strikes.