PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air traffic control Strikes France and Barcelona
Old 8th Jun 2018, 20:01
Sunamer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Skipname
Even though it causes delays and cancelled flights I wholeheartedly support their strike action, as a matter of fact I support every group of workers striking efforts, no matter the inconvenience caused to me.

I hope some day not too far away the pilots will grow a backbone and go on strike as well to improve the eroding T&Cs in our industry, especially the bunch at a certain Irish carrier.
Why would you give companies more arguments for automated airplanes, I have no idea. What is the point of strikes, if you can change an employer and weed out the most corrupt, less effective ones that way?
By doing that, you actually hit where it hurts, while by striking you hit those who have no relation to the company.

pilots could, as you said, grow a backbone, but realise - it is a free market, and the more of an unpredictable expense you become to the company, the more they will think about removing that random variable from their business equation.