PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK pilots joining Norwegian
View Single Post
Old 8th Jun 2018, 10:27
1 striper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by spanishfly69
MS

I can mention several low cost airlines even one ultra low cost airline where pilots make more than that plus benefits. One of the problems is that pilots associate LCC with ****ty pay. we are selling ourselves short.
cheers
Where can you earn around 8 Grand Sterling after tax, and avoid flying 5 earlies, 3 OFF, 4 Lates, and be able to do it for another 20 odd years without going insane?

Honestly seems that the Korean contract where you make around 10,000 pounds after tax ( Due tax agreement with UK ) is the only place to make good money and still have time at home in Europe or wherever you want to be.. Yes, I know life is all about compromises, but I don't want to go back home or to live in Spain or Italy on a tight budget and then regret it, Oh and have no pension. 10 grand at Korean Air still allows you to make your own, and have extra for toys. But, then you'll be away from family for a few weeks, So the dog starts chasing its own tail again.

Everything is a compromise. Jet2 pension is good, but the flying aint for me. Norwegian as 787 Skipper seems good, but money not so. Need a good pension and avoid 4 sector days for the next 20 years. OR stay where I am.