PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot shortage
Thread: Pilot shortage
View Single Post
Old 8th Jun 2018, 08:15
Australopithecus

Received 79 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by Rabbitwear
I’m happy to join as an F/O ,that’s some respect for my experience . But there is no separate application for this . Surely that is fair when competing with people with 500total hours !
Dude...we have S/Os with plenty of heavy jet time, some with lots of heavy command time. It’s the nature of the system:you join at the bottom and take your opportunities as they arise. F/O slots on the 737 are a regularly occurring thing. However, going straight to F/O means many many years of shorthaul flying before getting a chance of a widebody right seat. You have to ask yourself if you want the gig for an ego stroke or to maximise your earnings during your tenure. If its the latter perhaps an entry bid for the 737 isn’t the best strategy.

regarding respect for your experience: sorry. If it wasn’t gained with us then its suspect and perhaps why we'll have to keep a close eye on you for any bad habits you collected out there in the world. We will do everything possible to extend respect for your choice of gender, your sexual proclivities, your accent, foibles, race, colour and creed. But not for your experience. Beats me why that is.

Also....you’re not competing with 500 hr applicants.