PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 8th Jun 2018, 00:20
dusty99

Received 40 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by QldPilotGuy
Aghh this all really cracks me up. I have flown all around the world, of all nationalities and sexes. No set race or sex makes a good pilot, it purely comes down to the skill and outlook that makes a good pilot

Yet here in the land of equality skills take a back seat. We have experienced Captains getting turned down and although I know that there are plenty of more experienced people then myself out there (In my 30's and a few thousand hours on the B737-800) I also got a thank you but no thank you email from QF.

This in the face of them setting up a flight school due to them saying they have a lack of pilots, doing a roadshow around the country and although I hate to say it because I would like to believe we are all looked on at our skill and experience level, their being a number of very young female second officers being employed.

Unfortunately I have given up on the QF Dream and I believe that's actually a good thing, I would prefer to work for a company that values experience and skills and not ticking off a HR column for specific demographics.

And before the negative comments role in, some of the best pilots I have ever flown with are female, but equality should be about EVERYONE getting a fair go, not disregarding candidates on what sex they are.

All the best everyone, keep the blue side up.
here here, it's unfortunate that it has come to this. Equality is meant to go both ways.