PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Drone Collision with helicopter = tail rotor failure
Old 7th Jun 2018, 20:51
Airbeater350

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PDR1
I see that anyone who has the temerity to seek facts rather than knee-jerk is immediately accused of being a drone-owner (I'm not) or a village idiot (not that either).

Mods - I take it that Mr RVDT will now get a ban for abusing another member? After all, those are supposed to be the rules aren't they?

PDR
PDR,
RVDT actually posted some facts, and also doesn’t agree with you, so you want him banned?

Take it from someone that spends their whole career in the DMC, at 100kts, low level, focussing on a race car, a drone would be hard to avoid. That’s why they’re grounded when other A/C are operating. I’ve also been grounded on fires when some fool thought they could help by filming the fire ground with their toy!

Property was lost because some twit had all helitac grounded.

I think this is a great result, no one was hurt. But it highlights that drones have a place, but not while A/C ARE OPERATING! A drone can’t (queue dronies) get the quality shots that a Heli can! Stick to realestate shots!
AB